What We Do
Shania Kids Can US Ltd. is a registered, nonprofit 501(c)(3) charity and Shania Kids Can is a Canadian registered Charity (charitable registration number 80435 4652 RR0001) founded in 2010 by performer, Shania Twain, in effort to relieve the economic, social and personal sufferings of children that she herself experienced as a child. Shania Kids Can operates in elementary schools throughout North America delivering programs that aim to provide all-inclusive support and stability by qualified professionals in the form of one-on-one consultations as well as group activities and opportunities all while in the safe, confidence-building environment that is the Shania Kids Can Clubhouse.
School applies for the Shania Kids Can program
To help underprivileged children
Schools located in areas where we are accepting applications can apply to begin a new program.
We setup a new kids clubhouse in the school
We build, furnish and hire support staff to run the new program
We hire qualified staff, furnish the designated program space (referred to as the SKC Clubhouse), procure food and nutrition supplies as well as recreational equipment and office supplies for the new program.
Kids receive support each day in the clubhouse
Academic, nutritional, therapeutic and extra-curricular
Each day, kids in the program receive:
After school, they are also given support for:
Kids are given a chance for success in life
Because of the support given to them from the program
Kids benefit from the fulfillment of their physiological needs, have a better education, a greater capacity for love and a social life, a greater sense of safety and security and a higher self-esteem.
We expect the program will help in the prevention of deteriorating effects on the lives of these children and the communities they live in by instilling skills that create confident, productive adults who contribute positively to society. By helping less fortunate children reach their personal best in their daily lives at primary school age, may likely prevent the less positive alternative that too many children of lost potential face later in life, of becoming statistics that burden society rather than contributing to it.
The Program Aims to:
- Help educators identify children
- Provide a safe, confidence-building environment adequate for kids to learn and develop
- Support kids with academic program and social behavior
- Provide all possible means to give the kids equality of chances in life
- Provide support through listening and assisting kids with the difficulties life presents them
- Ensure all children have nutritious food and snacks
- Teach practical life skills and social skills
- A “buddy” support from an older pupil
- Meetings to discuss learning plans and transition between schools
- Support to access further education or vocational training